Physiotherapists recommend medical strengthening for the following conditions.
- Back and neck pain of various causes and pathologies
- Postural and muscle imbalances
- Disc protrusions
- Degenerative spinal conditions
- Acute back pain
- Scoliosis (adult and teenage)
- Spondilolysthesis, segmental instability, postural weakness/instability
- Rheumatoid arthritis (non-inflammatory stage), anklylosing spondylitis, chronic polyarthritis, Scheuermann’s Disease
- Post spinal trauma – whiplash, fractures
Medical strengthening is not recommended for acute inflammatory conditions, recent fractures and certain neurological conditions The physiotherapist will be able to guide you to whether you are suitable for this therapy.